Follow me as I share my pageant experiences and to stay up to date on my appearances, photo shoots, national pageant (June 2013) and more! And remember to always wear your invisible crown ;)

Monday, September 3, 2012

Entering the Pageant World



Before arriving to Boise I had participated in the Miss Marianas Teen pageant in 2007.  At the time I was 16 and entered my very first pageant.  Being part of a pageant was one of my greatest experiences!  I had gained so much skills from interviews to creating a solid platform.  After competing I knew that pageantry was a highly new interest of mine.

Awards: *Top 5 Finalist *Best in Evening Gown

 
I've always had an interest with pageants but not as much as I do now. I never really got involved until my older sister did.  My  sister Shequita had joined the Miss Marianas Universe 2005 pageant.  The new title holder would represent the Northern Marianas in the Miss Universe pageant under the Donald Trump Organization and the Miss International pageant in Japan & China.  Not only after watching my sister compete and winning almost all the awards, she won the main title of Miss Marianas Universe!  At that point I knew that if my sister can do it then for sure I can as well get that title, and my journey began.

 Her awards: * Miss Leadership  *Miss Photogenic  *Best in National Costume  * Best in Swimsuit & *Best in Evening Gown 


 Shequita DLG. Bennett
Miss Marianas Universe 2005

Shequita at MISS UNIVERSE 2006 and MISS INTERNATIONAL 2006 !!!







 




2 comments:

  1. Yvette! I love that you blog :) So proud of you. Cheering for you always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Deidre! your so sweet and Congratulations to all your success and getting married! miss you!

      Delete